The International Builders Show (IBS) was back in Vegas and it was the biggest Builders show since 2008! Thank you to all 134 Master Builders Pierce members who attended and helped make the 2023 Builders Show a success. A special shout out and thank you to Bob Camp who was conference chair and planned the entire show this year.
Attendance Records Were Set at IBS
Nearly 70,000 residential construction professionals hit the ground running at the Builders’ Show. From the Central Hall to the new West Hall and everything in between, they rocked tens of thousands of residential construction professionals with 1,300+ exhibitors, 100+ education sessions, events, parties and so much more – all to take your business to the next level!
The week was charged with amazing energy, incredible new products, inspiring education sessions, demonstrations, fantastic networking events and awards celebrations.
Design & Construction Week
This year also marked the 10th anniversary of Design & Construction Week® (DCW), the co-location of IBS and the National Kitchen & Bath Association’s (NKBA’s) Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS). DCW drew nearly 110,000 attendees and nearly 2,000 exhibitors occupying more than one million square feet of indoor and outdoor exhibits.
Discover Some of the Highlights of IBS
- IBS kicked off with the country’s leading advocate for skilled labor and the CEO of the mikeroweWORKS Foundation, Mike Rowe, who set the story straight to debunk the myths and misperceptions about the trades and to help close the skills gap during the DCW Opening Ceremonies
- 1000s of attendees filled education sessions so they were standing room only
- Demonstrations in the Construction Performance Zone and the NEW Craft Techniques Zone were hot, hot, hot places to be to gather innovative ideas and information
- Tours of The New American Home® – the official show home of IBS – welcomed thousands of visitors to its luxurious, innovative and energy-efficient home
- New in 2023! Experiential learning in our IBS Education Super Sessions and Learning Labs provided attendees with a new learning experience, including lively debates, free-flowing town halls, live demonstrations, one-on-one interviews with industry leaders super-charged educational sessions during interactive and informal sessions
- Attendees were excited to share their fun experiences, so the exhibit floor popped up all over social media buzzing with demos, talks, firepits, a tequila tasting, snacks, the foldable house (yes, you read that right) in the Outdoor Exhibits in Pro Builder Show Village and so much more
- 2023 Best of IBS™ Awards were announced Thursday afternoon, with Door Stud by Door Stud LLC winning Best in Show.
- Plantd was named Most Innovative at the Start-Up Zone.
- Niche industry professionals discovered new solutions and made new connections during daily networking breakfasts, coffee chats and discussions in the IBS Centrals
- Official networking events included the U40 & Young Professional Meet-up and evening events like the IBS House Party, The NationalsSM Awards, the Best in American Living™ Awards and the Young Professionals Party
- The DCW Closing Concert Sponsored by LG, featured singer/songwriter Sheryl Crow
- The sold-out Pro Builder & Remodeler’s U40 Leadership Summit pumped up young up and comers in the industry to get them ready for the IBS experience
- The House That She Built continued to make an impact with book signing events, education sessions and more with the author and real-life women who inspired the children’s book
- NAHB Members enjoyed exclusive perks at NAHB HQ during doughnut & coffee mornings, happy hours, enrichment sessions, giveaways and more
If you are interested in attending or being an exhibitor for 2024’s IBS, save the dates of February 27-29 in Las Vegas. If you have any questions about the International Builders Show, please contact Communications Director Bailee Butcher with Master Builders Association at firstname.lastname@example.org.