Join Master Builders Pierce for Careers in Construction Month this October!
Help spread public awareness of opportunities available in construction professions
October is Construction Month!
The home building industry offers opportunities to those looking for rewarding careers and a generous salary. The top 25% in most construction trade professions earn at least $60,000 annually and students do not need to follow a typical 4-year college path to be successful.
Here is what you can do to recognize and support Careers in Construction Month to build up the future workforce:
- Let people know you are hiring and offer tips to make sure they come into your jobsite prepared.
- Encourage companies to announce Careers in Construction Month and boast a little about your career on social media using the hashtags #CareersInConstructionMonth, #CICM and #ChooseTrades.
- Open up your site and host a virtual field trip. Camera phones and drones are great tools for capturing the attention of any audience. Students will be able to gather first-hand information about what it takes to have a successful career in construction.
- Have young people or students job shadow you for an afternoon.
- Post videos or pictures on social media explaining what a day in your trade looks like using the hashtags #CareersInConstructionMonth, #CICM and #ChooseTrades.
- Reach out to local trade schools and programs and offer to speak to them in person or virtually.
Remember that any efforts will make an impact on future generations of students and workers. Careers in Construction Month is crucial to filling the labor shortage gap in the residential construction industry in Washington.
If you have any questions about Careers in Construction Month or would like to get involved, contact Bailee Butcher at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 253-272-2112 ext. 104.