The following is an update from Puget Sound Energy for Master Builders members.
Please be advised of the reduction to allowances for extending Puget Sound Energy natural gas lines, effective January 1st, 2022. As was conveyed in last month’s Master Builders meetings, the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission held an open meeting on September 21, and solicited both written and verbal comments from interested parties. At the conclusion of the meeting, the commissioners moved forward with an order to the utilities to modify its line extension allowance methodology.
The new credit allowance methodology is expected to go into effect on January 1st, 2022.
The change will not affect the following:
1. Projects with contracts already in place before January 1, 2022. Pricing on signed contracts are valid for 90 days.
2. Customers who have submitted their completed application to PSE before January 1, 2022; or
3. Customers who have submitted their completed application to PSE by April 1, 2022 AND either of the following:
• a copy of their approved permits by a local jurisdiction, or
• an attestation that they have submitted their application(s) for permit to the local jurisdiction before January 1, 2022.
In addition to the conditions listed above, all of these projects must have their PSE gas line installations completed on or before December 31, 2022.
For information about PSE’s rates and initiatives: Contact Mari Davenport, at email@example.com or 425-424-6911, or our tariff team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PSE’s plan to be beyond next zero can be found here.